Entry requirements for Mexico travel

Entry requirements for US-citizens, Canadians and British travellers

US-American, Canadian and British tourists require a passport to enter Mexico is has a validity for at least six months after entry. Please make sure to check the current requirements with your Foreign Office/Embassy.

You also need a tourist card when entering the country which can be obtained from the relevant travel agency, the airline or the Mexican consulate.

Don’t worry if you don’t get your tourist card beforehand. Most airlines distribute it during the flight to Mexico and it is also available upopn arrival before passing through customs. The tourist card is valid for staying in Mexico for up to 180 days without any additional visa or documentation.

Please take good care of this document, it must be returned before you leave the country. If you lose it, you will have to pay a fine on departure and you may miss your flight as you will have to stay at the airport with Immigration Services and this can take a long time depending on the number of people. If you have lost your tourist card, it is advisable to be at the airport 3-4 hours earlier than planned.

Customs regulations

Duty-free can be imported items that are intended for your personal use such as clothing, shoes, toiletries, jewelry or electronic items. In addition, travellers over the age of 18 can import up to 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 250 g tobacco and 4 liters of non-sparkling wine or 1 liter of spirits (above 22% alcohol) duty-free. Bringing fruits, plants and cut flowers is prohibited. Please inform yourself about the current customs regulations before your trip with your Foreign Office/Embassy.

Cookie Consent with Real Cookie Banner